- Departments H - K
- Heritage Crossing
P.O. Box 469002
Garland, TX 75046
- Jun 5
Happy Birthday Granville Performing Arts Center!On this day in 1982 Mayor Ruth Nicholson cut the ribbon at the Garland Performing Arts Center. (Now renamed the Granville Arts Center in honor of Patty Granville, the Director of Cultural Arts for the City of Garland.)
- Jun 24
Happy Birthday Garland Summer Musicals!On this day in 1983 the Garland Summer Musicals debuted with the musical "Carnival."
- Jul 1
Happy Birthday Roach Feed and Seed!Roach Feed and Grocer Co. opens on the square today in 1933.
- Aug 9
Lake Garland Park opened today in 1907Lake Garland Park, located in what is now Central Park along Duck Creek, opened today in 1907 drawing over 6,000 people. The population of Garland was less than 1,000.
- Sep 1
Happy Birthday Garland Landmark Museum!On this day in 1974 the Garland Landmark Museum was dedicated. The museum's original location was behind City Hall at Museum Plaza. Currently, it is at Walnut and Sixth Streets in Heritage Crossing.
- What is the museum’s address?
- When is the Landmark Museum open? And why is it not open more?
- How much is admission to the Landmark Museum?
- Do you do field trips for schools, seniors, scouts, or private tours?
- Can I go inside the Tinsley-Lyles House or the 1910 Pullman Coach Car? And when will they be open to the public?
- What is inside the museum?
- How can I learn more about Garland history?
- What does the Garland Landmark Society do and how can I join?
- How do I volunteer?
- I am looking for historic Garland photos to purchase. Who do I contact?
To sign up for the monthly Heritage Crossing Newsletter, click HERE. Below is a sample of our latest edition.
Heritage Crossing Coordinator
Office Location: Mailing Address:
Garland Landmark Museum Heritage Crossing
393 N. Sixth Street PO Box 469002
Garland, Texas 75040 Garland, Texas 75046
By appointment only, Monday through Friday.
Garland Landmark Society Mailing Address:
PO Box 462232
Garland, Texas 75046